EDCTP Funding in Horizon Europe: The EDCTP has publised its draft proposal for the Global Health Partnership EDCTP3 outlining the third EDCTP programme – one of the partnerships in Horizon Europe. Opportunities for UiB researchers to respond to the programme will be available in late Sept/Oct via the Norwegian Health Cluster reference group.
Key objectives of the programme are:
- Health interventions: Evaluate new or improved health interventions against poverty-related infectious diseases and their interaction with non-communicable diseases.
- Collaboration and capacity development: Increase EU-Africa collaboration to build capacity to conduct clinical trials and implementation research according to
ethical principles and regulatory standard.
- European coordination: Improve coordination, alignment, and integration of European national research programmes.
- South-South collaboration: Enhance scientific collaboration and international cooperation across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Partnership building: Increase international cooperation with public and private partners.
- EU cooperation: Increase interaction with other EU initiatives, including those linked to development assistance.